Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Running

Well, I guess after 7 weeks of training I can officially consider myself a runner!  I have a love-hate relationship with this new hobby of mine and don't know how long I will keep it up but it has been a challenging adventure so far.  A few months ago I promised my brother-in-law that I would run the Rock-N-Roll Chicago Half Marathon with him if he'd fly out for it.  Of course, he went and signed up for the race right away so I had to follow through with my promise.  I started out running a couple days a week and then started a twelve week training plan about 7 weeks ago.  I have days where I am excited to get up and run and days where I dread the run so much that I end up pushing it off a day or so.  This has been a huge commitment for me (both time-wise and physically) and I am pretty proud of myself for keeping it up this long.  I have never been one of those people that loves to exercise (who are those people anyway!).  The run is only a few weeks away and now that I have a couple of 10 mile runs under my belt I am feeling more confident that I can actually do it!  I will keep ya'll posted on my progress...

3 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you too! You can do it!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm forever proud of you Nancy!!! You are one of thoses people that takes her promises and committments seriously...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome- GOOD job!
    I LOVE to exercise, but have always HATED running....even though, sometimes it does give you this weird high/great feeling after you are done. Michael & I really want to try & do the Pat Tilman run next Spring, though.
    Good Luck- looking forward to hearing about your progress!

    ReplyDelete