Friday, May 20, 2011

Laundry Detergent - Part 2

So I have been making my own laundry detergent for a few years now tweaking it every now and then to make it better.  My previous recipe came from a friend of mine and works really well, but the process of making it was sometimes a little tedious.  I have now simplified the process and love the results!  It works even better than my old recipe and is quite a bit easier. 

1 bar of Fels-Naptha soap
2 cups Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
2 cups Borax
Essential Oils (optional)

Grate the bar of soap, mix with the other ingredients and stir.  You may add 20-30 drops of your favorite essential oil too scent it up a bit but I really like the smell of the Fels-Naptha soap on its own.  Store in an airtight tupperware container and use 2-3 tablespoons per load.  No need for melting or a 5 gallon bucket!

No comments:

Post a Comment