Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday. He would've been 68 years old today. Crazy that's it's been 5 1/2 years since he was physically here with us. Some days it feels like just yesterday and other days it seems like forever since I heard his voice. My dad was such an awesome man for so many reasons -anyone who knew him would agree. He accomplished more in his one lifetime than most people could in two. I wish that he could be here to see the kind of woman I have become, to get to know my husband better and to meet and adore his grandbabies. I know he would be so proud. It makes me sad that my kids will never fully understand how great he was. There is definitely a void in their lives without him. I think about him everyday and miss him more than anything! We'll be heading out to his favorite restaurant tonight, Red Lobster, to celebrate and remember him. I love you dad!

6 comments:

  1. Hey, Nancy. I have only heard wonderful things about your dad and wish I could have met him. He would definitely be so proud of you and your family and would go crazy over your two little precious babies. They definitely have an angel watching over them! You will be in my thoughts today . . .have fun tonight remembering your dad.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Tony! Your dad was awesome and so so funny. I miss him too. Have a chedder bisquit for me for him! :)

    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. "cheddar biscuit," sorry can't spell today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not close at all to my dad, but this still made me cry. I relate to it more, like- how I would feel if we ever lost Michael's dad. The thought of that, alone, breaks my heart.
    That's awesome that you're still celebrating him, and I'm sure he gets a kick out of the place of choice! WHO doesn't LOVE them some Cheddar Buscuits!?? Yummmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post. I hope you have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies for all your nice posts. I got teary eyed reading every single one of them! I wish that I had a picture of my dad to post but I'm working on that one...

    ReplyDelete