Thursday, April 16, 2009

Let's Eat!

I decided that it was finally time to start feeding Max some "real" food. I use that term loosely because I certainly wouldn't want some runny rice cereal mixed with breast milk for dinner BUT he seemed to really like it! I wasn't sure if he was ready since he is not quite sitting up but he IS almost six months old and I had started to notice him staring at us every time we ate in front of him so I wanted to give it a try. After much thought, I did decide to give him rice cereal as his first food. I was so impressed that he didn't push any of it out with his tongue and he opened his mouth for every bite. Any food that you see on his face is a result of me missing his mouth completely with the spoon.


I also gave him a breastmilk "popsicle" in a mesh feeder....he wasn't that impressed :(


3 comments:

  1. Those pictures are precious! How fortunate that he actually liked the rice cereal too? (seems like I've heard of SO many babies who rejected it, including Camden.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy he is so adorable. I can't wait to see him in person. Matix and him will be breaking lots of girls hearts when they grow up.

    We've been feeding Matix cereal about every other day for breakfast. Today he starting mimicking Eric and I when we moving our mouths telling him how to chew. I try the cereal each time I make it for him and I wonder how anyone would want to eat it but for some reason he seems to like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please send me your email again... I promise this is the last time that I'll ask for it!! I want to send you the pictures from today. It was so great to meet you and your beautiful family in person, FINALLY!

    ReplyDelete