Wednesday, January 20, 2010

i love you...no no i hate you

So this blog and I have a love/hate relationship and lately I'm sad to say that I've been feeling the hate. Well, maybe hate is too strong a word...how about dread orrrrrr guilt. I feel like keeping it updated has become a chore and I find myself taking pictures just so I have something to blog about. I originally created this blog as a place for family and friends to see pictures of the kids, read my thoughts and maybe pick up a new recipe or two to try and I feel like it has turned more into a calendar of events for our life. Not that there is anything wrong with that...it's just too time consuming for me to keep up with and I want to start enjoying this process again. Anyway, with that said I am going to take control of my blog back and return it to what it was truly intended for. I probably won't be blogging as regularly but I will continue sharing the things that I find interesting or amusing or beautiful.

I'll leave that with some dinner conversation from last night...

Suki: Daddy's other name is Carlos
Me: You're right, what's mommy's other name?
Suki: Mama

3 comments:

  1. Me too, just not feeling the love for my blog either. Having a little slump, need motivation....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute what Suki said!
    I know how you feel. These days I only blog when I have something I really want to say, or share. I don't bring my camera everywhere we go just to document it on my blog. I think for me that kind of takes me out of actually BEING in the moment with my kids, ya know?
    So, some weeks I post one thing, some weeks it's 5 things! I have seen some cool ideas for inspiration, like the 30 days of gratitude that I did, or some people do 52 weeks, with a picture of something that sums up their life every week. Anyway, it should be fun for you, not something you feel pressured to do. Hope you find a happy balance with it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! Gosh, I CAN'T wait to hear funny things out of Camden's mouth like that.
    I hear 'ya on the blog- I have disowned it lately, but mainly because it hurts to hold my head up some days. : (
    I am determined to keep it going, though!

    ReplyDelete